Deer Canyon One to World Concerned Parents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anybody tested the firewall at the school?

3 posters

Go down

Has anybody tested the firewall at the school? Empty Has anybody tested the firewall at the school?

Post by concerned Tue 18 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

The district has a firewall to permit the students to access only "education sites" on the web. Has anybody tested the protections to see what it actually permits? I am aware that they have at least two settings, limited access, and full access. What I want to know is what full access actually permits and what it does not permit.

concerned

Back to top Go down

Has anybody tested the firewall at the school? Empty Re: Has anybody tested the firewall at the school?

Post by GreenGrass Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

I have done limited testing. Apparently you can receive e-mail, but can't send it. However it would appear that iMessage works both ways.

GreenGrass

Back to top Go down

Has anybody tested the firewall at the school? Empty Re: Has anybody tested the firewall at the school?

Post by MomOf2 Thu 08 Jan 2015, 2:31 pm

GreenGrass, I disagree. It appears that i was able to send e-mail the other day. So either the access has been changed, or we are logging into the network differently.

Has anybody done any other test?

MomOf2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down